What Happens During Your First Dental Visit
To ensure that we can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile, the first step in your first dental visit includes conducting a comprehensive dental examination so that we may fully understand your expectations. We can then design a solution that is ideal for you. This may take a variety of forms:
Comprehensive Dental Examination
Ideally, your first visit will be for 1 hour and will allow us to:
- Discuss your concerns, goals and expectations.
- Examine your jaw joints and muscles.
- Examine your mouth’s soft tissues and screen for oral cancer.
- Examine your gums for signs of disease.
- Examine your teeth for signs of abnormal wear, decay or broken fillings.
- Assess your current and future risk of dental disease.
- Take comprehensive records including xrays and photographs if necessary.
- Establish a comprehensive baseline record of your dental health.
- Thoroughly clean and polish your teeth so you can leave with a sparkling smile!
- This may be with either your dentist or with our dental hygienist.
Routine Examination, Second Opinion or Specific Concern
If you have been seeing a dentist regularly and are just after a second opinion, or only need a routine examination we are happy to cater to you. We can see you for 30 minutes and address your specific concern or carry out a routine examination and clean.
Pain Relief or Dental Emergency
Obviously if you are in pain we will see you as a priority and do everything we can to ensure you are pain free as soon as possible. Further examinations can be organised at a later date as there is not always time to carry out a comprehensive examination at the same time.